Solar powered gate on a farm drive near Haverhill with high capacity system, above and right.
A high use gate on a private road near Burnham on Crouch Operated by radio fobs, a keypad and GSM intercom.
solar power gives you the freedom to position your gate or barrier exactly where its needed.
We install systems which give 100% performance all year round. How?
1. Extensive research into low power consumption electronics. We work out the potential load for each installation to ensure it will work successfully.
2. In the UK typical solar energy levels in December are less than a third of that available in the summer. As a result the size and angle of the panel is set to give optimum winter performance.
3. Deep cycle batteries are capable for storing enough charge for several days operations during dull spells of weather.
4. Two standard configuations are available:
a. A post mounted 100W 24V system for lower use systems.
b. An standalone steel enclosure mounted panel with over twice the capacity to run a busy entrance barrier or gate with intercoms, loops in the road etc.
1. The panel will need to be positioned away from shade pointing due south.
2. The panel needs to be kept reasonably clean and free of snow.
3. If you think you might need additional accessories in the future, build the capacity in from day 1 to give you flexibility for the future.
4. Many of the kits available on the internet are designed for sunnier climates and may not work all year round in this country. We base our calculations on sunlight data captured in the UK at numerous locations to ensure you're not let down in the middle of winter.